Saturday 29 October 2011

Social light

So I've entered myself into a competition called the #SocialLights Challenge. The idea was to take one of the 5 beautiful holiday looks that L'Oreal Professionnel created and re create it in our own way.

I chose re create the look called 'Mod Behavior'. I was immediately drawn to this look and decided it was what I wanted to do!

Its a very simple look to do. I back combed my model Sarah Maries hair, roughly smoothed out the bumps (but careful not to make it look too perfect) and pulled it into a low ponytail. After the elastic is secure you want to be sure to create more texture and volume by using your pinching fingers to pull hair upwards from the base of the ponytail. My look ended up being a little more polished, but just go with your mood! :) Finally, finish the look by wrapping a small section of hair from the ponytail around the elastic and secure with a bobby pin or two.

Not only do I feel it's important as a professional to constantly challenge yourself and continue to learn through different experiences, but this competition means so much to me as I could win a course in Europe, and be featured in both Lou Lou and Salon Magazine which would not only be amazing but allow me to grow both professionally and personally.


If you'd like to vote for me:
1.Go to facebook and like' L'oreal Professionnel
2.To the left of the L'oreal Professionnel page choose '#SocialLights Challenge'
3.Click 'view all entries'
4.Choose my photo (as above) and click vote :)
You can vote everyday, and everyday L'oreal Professionnel is giving out big prizes to voters!

Photography:Silva Erglis, Model: Sarah Marie, Hair/makeup: Me :)

1 comment:

  1. im so excited about this contest! i really want you to win! im voting everday and i hope everyone else does too~!

    ReplyDelete